Friday, January 25, 2013

Ice Day...

As I sit on my couch with my own kids on this 'ice day', I am thinking about all the changes that need to be made for one unexpected day off.

Tests & Quizzes and Projects: Student WW II projects were due first thing on Friday morning. Part 2 of the WW II test was going to be given on Friday as well. Starting on Monday, students will be going to Miss Dodd to start a 3 week science unit. So, I will be collecting all projects not yet turned in the Social Studies basket when I return on Tuesday. But Students should be ready to finish the test during Shurley English time on Monday. Topics: German aggression, Japanese aggression, role of women & African Americans, and the American household (gardens, rationing, working)

Reading Bowl: If you are on the Reading Bowl Team or you can get in touch with any members, please note that the system competition that was scheduled for today will be rescheduled for Monday.

Boosterthon: I am hoping that we will have at least part of our team for the first part of next week. I know that many of you brought in pledges the day of the FunRun. They need to be entered and any additional pledges need to be tallied. Remember that the first collection day for money is Thursday, January 31.

Monday: I am going to be out of town on Monday working with the PAGE Academy in Atlanta. Normally when a teacher is out, they will spend time gather materials, cleaning up, and writing plans of the substitute. Unfortunately, I was tied up on Thursday afternoon and had to leave quickly. I know that my classes will be well behaved and cooperative for the Mrs. Beall as she maneuvers a slightly different room on Monday morning.

Enjoy your day off! See you all on Tuesday!

*Please sign up to be a follower of my blog*

No comments:

Post a Comment